Saturday, July 16, 2011

God's Trip

so it's 3 am here but i am wide awake thanks to major jet lag. i remember the same thing happened last year and we just turned the lights on and got up because when your wide awake there's really no point in trying to sleep.
I'm supposed to be waking up at quarter til 6 for 7am breakfast... that's still almost 3 hours away.  I am looking forward to the bfast though! it was really good last year!  at 7:45 we are loading suit cases (they ran out of room on the suitcase truck so us & the edmonds and a few other people had to bring all our bags to our room and do it like last year... which is no problem because that gives me more clothing options) and then we are leaving around 8 ish for the 5 hour drive to SWAZILAND!!! ALMOST THERE!  Today I am looking forward to seeing the Diamonds and getting to know more people... and the lunch bars!  When we stop at that gas station on the way I am going to STOCK UP.  I love those things!

On a more serious note, I am peaceful and excited about this week because it's God's.  I keep saying "this is God's trip... He brought me here for a reason... I am HIS tool this week... I can't wait to see how HE uses me."  After some initial doubts last night: this trip is so different compared to last year since so many people didn't come back,Is it stillgoing to be as much fun? Our team is half the size and clauses not here, what am I going to do??? Is it still going to be fun? But then I had to give it up to God again. He brought me here. This is His trip. I am His tool and I can't wait to see how he uses me this week. It may be different but that's not always a bad thing. Change is good... And whatever happens, I am just honored to be His hands and His feet in this wonderful country for the next week.

No comments: